Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Hawks have first pick in 2024 NBA draft

The Hawks will have the first pick in the 2024 NBA draft. So should they rebuild now? The draft is rumored to be not very good but the Hawks aren't very good either and maybe it's time they rebuild?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Hawks have first pick in 2024 NBA draft

Got cotm, caplela and trae. No excuses

I'm not surprised. Seems like the NBA Illuminati wants them to trade Trae to San Antonio for the 4th pick or something. Maybe their other picks back.

Local High School Star

No excuses for what

I 'spose they should get that Frenchie Alexandre Sarr. Or maybe Clingan if they intend to phase out Capela.

Wizards at 2

Now I just have to hope they take Topic. Don't sleep on those white boys named Nikola.

I rule the local playground CurryOverLebron's Avatar

10 greatest Hawks in franchise history, ranked

6. Al Horford

Before Al Horford became this 3-and-D rim protector we've come to know him as in the latter stages of his career, he was more of a midrange artist whose defensive contributions went under the radar. For quite some time, Horford took a backseat to the likes of Joe Johnson and Josh Smith — but in the end, he truly was the beating heart of those Hawks playoff teams of the late 2000s to the early 2010s.

Horford spent the first nine years of his career in Atlanta, and he was the best player for the Hawks team that won the most regular season games in its history (60). In addition to that, he also made the All-Star team four times and the All-NBA Third Team once as a Hawk, cementing his status as one of the greatest players in franchise history.

He may not have a statistical profile that jumps off the page, but Al Horford's impact goes beyond the box score.

5. Dikembe Mutombo

When ranking a team's greatest players of all time, taking into account the player's longevity as well as their peak is a difficult balancing act to manage. At the end of the day, when the margins are this razor-thin, longevity with the team almost always wins out — which is why Dikembe Mutombo fails to land even higher on this list.

Mutombo, as elite of a defensive player as he was with the Hawks, spent only 4.5 years of his career with the franchise. But those years were quality — Mutombo averaged 11.9 points, 12.6 boards, and 3.2 blocks per game in 343 games with the Hawks. However, what truly sets Mutombo apart is that he won the Defensive Player of the Year award once (twice if you count the 2000-01 season despite his midseason trade to the Philadelphia 76ers) to go along with two All-Defensive First team nods while with the team.

In addition to being rewarded for his defensive excellence, Dikembe Mutombo made the All-Star team thrice as a Hawk as well. It may not have been the longest tenure, but Mutombo certainly made his stay with the Hawks count.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Street Hunger View Post
    No excuses for what
    No excuses for not winning

I rule the local playground Nowoco's Avatar

The Pistons once again get hosed in the draft lottery

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    No excuses for not winning
    Are you saying that Trae and Capela are elite players or something? I’m confused.

Who are even the top prospects this draft? I don't know one guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    Who are even the top prospects this draft? I don't know one guy.
    i was watching a bit of it, i guess there's like 5 different guys in contention for the #1 pick lol, this year sucks so much and it's so diluted that there isn't a clear #1....other years there's what maybe 2 prospects for the top pick. now it's like literally anyone.

NBA Superstar

Awesome..

I hope they draft Bronny...

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    i was watching a bit of it, i guess there's like 5 different guys in contention for the #1 pick lol, this year sucks so much and it's so diluted that there isn't a clear #1....other years there's what maybe 2 prospects for the top pick. now it's like literally anyone.
    I was reading a topic on the 2020 draft and nobody had a clue. A lot of the articles around them were saying it was a weak draft. The draft topic nobody was even excited about anybody. We already have like three All-Stars and a Hall of Famer. Edwards, Maxey, Haliburton, Lamelo, Bane….I think all of them were that draft.