Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: (2) Nuggets vs. (3) Timberwolves Second Round Playoff Series Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    That's from page 1. Here we are 6 games later and I still don't know who to pick. In theory Denver should have the advantage but I am not confident about that.

Last game Minnesota doubled Jokic aggressively forcing the other guys to beat them. They have the length and athleticism to rotate quickly and contest shots that are normally open.

I suspect that Minnesota won't let Jokic beat them in game 7. I bet they force the other guys to make shots again and take their chances.
    I think a lot rests with Murray. If he comes out firing and hitting shots in the first Q, it might be a wrap….if he sputters then the Nuggets can find themselves in trouble quickly.

Decent playground baller

Denver shot 30.2% in game 6. The worst in the series. Murray was godawful with 22.2% shooting. Very similar to game 2.

Any guess on what happened on the next game? Don't sleep on Gordon either. If he catches fire, it's Cancun time for the Wolves.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    That's from page 1. Here we are 6 games later and I still don't know who to pick. In theory Denver should have the advantage but I am not confident about that.

Last game Minnesota doubled Jokic aggressively forcing the other guys to beat them. They have the length and athleticism to rotate quickly and contest shots that are normally open.

I suspect that Minnesota won't let Jokic beat them in game 7. I bet they force the other guys to make shots again and take their chances.

I suspect the same. This is why I predicted only 24 points for Jokic in the respective thread. (24/16/12) He obviously needs the assists for the Nuggets to win because no assists mean nobody on the team was able to hit a shot, like last game. However, the thing I'd be looking for early in the game is rebounds. When Jokic is on his way to a monster game, he starts with getting the boards. That's when you know he is fired up. If he has 6+ rebounds in the 1st quarter, he will most probably have a great night.

It ain't so fun Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Jokic can’t carry a team. He will always need a teammate to be playing at an historical level to win a championship. He either needs a 50/40/90 guy who averages 30 ppg or a 70/60 guy who averages 20 ppg. Aaron Gordon is only shooting 65% from the field and 58.8% from 3. That’s not good enough for jokic. Either Aaron gordon goes off and gets those numbers over the 70 fg% 60 3% threshold or the nuggets lose….its that simple

At least he has perfect health every post season though. That’s worth its weight in gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    Jokic can’t carry a team. He will always need a teammate to be playing at an historical level to win a championship. He either needs a 50/40/90 guy who averages 30 ppg or a 70/60 guy who averages 20 ppg. Aaron Gordon is only shooting 65% from the field and 58.8% from 3. That’s not good enough for jokic. Either Aaron gordon goes off and gets those numbers over the 70 fg% 60 3% threshold or the nuggets lose….its that simple

At least he has perfect health every post season though. That’s worth its weight in gold
    Maxey averaged 30/7 with a TS of 60% but that wasn't enough to carry Embiid past the first round.

Jokic on the other hand led the team in pts/rebounds/assists and TS last year in the playoffs leading his team to a title.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Very good NBA starter

Called the patented illegal screen on Gobert.

They called basically none of those last game. Guess it sets the tone.

Very good NBA starter

Minny must be the team with the most cumulative reach in the league. Just long arms everywhere.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Feels like they want to get Rudy involved early. Maybe make Jokic work a little more on that end.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

It's gonna be a loooong night. Nuggets are 2 of 12. Two missed dunks.

Very good NBA starter

Nuggets supporting cast just hasn't been there this series. Minny have and that's the difference.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Minny must be the team with the most cumulative reach in the league. Just long arms everywhere.

Going to the highest % shot makes some sense i guess

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

How many replays of that blocked Gordon dunk by McDaniel, would we have seen by now if that were LeBron blocking it? Always hated that. The role players don’t get their due love when they’re spectacular.

Murray with some ridiculously close misses again to start the game. Damn that's rough.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    How many replays of that blocked Gordon dunk by McDaniel, would we have seen by now if that were LeBron blocking it? Always hated that. The role players don’t get their due love when they’re spectacular.
    Word.