Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Re: Jokic has never beaten a 50 win team in a playoff series

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Just comparing the Nuggets run to the Warriors the year before, the Suns & Lakers are clearly tougher opponents than the Grizzlies with Ja out half the series & the Mavs, despite the former being below 50 wins and the latter over 50.
    56-win Grizzlies and 52-win Mavericks aren't as tough as 45-win Suns and 43-win Lakers? And clearly at that?

How about this: no you are wrong.

It’s surprising from a conventional standpoint, but adjusted for the era it’s not surprising. Jokic’s playoff sample is all from the last five years. What else hashappened in the last five years? No repeat champs. This is a different era from what we’re used to. People talk about the stats being inflated, but less attention is paid to the fact that “ring” opportunities are now DEflated. Theres more than just 2-3 teams with a chance each year now. Thats a big change from the past. You can play in conference finals and finals now without even meeting any 50 win teams.

On top of that you have Murray missing two of those playoff runs, a bubble shortened season etc.

So it’s really not that surprising when you think about it. It’s good for getting highwhey excited, yeah, because hes seized on loudly antagonizing Jokic as an avenue to get folks paying attention to him. But I dont think people who are just interested in the basketball aspects are gonna read too much into the 50 win thing.
    Last edited by FultzNationRISE; 05-21-2024 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I mean the Lebron AD Lakers were way better than the Grizzlies without Ja or the Kings. Who were both 50 win teams. The Durant Booker suns were too.

Honestly, in today's day of extreme team hopping and load management and the play in tournament the regular season doesn't mean shit.

Jokic ran through Lebron, Durant, Ant, AD, Booker, KAT, Butler, and Bam last year.

How many HOFers do you want him to beat in a row?

This is a clown thread.
    They just want to try to bring him down at all costs for a transparent reason that has nothing to do with the game of basketball. If Jokic swept the 72 win Bulls, the 2017 Warriors, and 2001 Lakers for a threepeat they would just spin it as 'Murray carrying him' or play down the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Then why did you include 2020 in your OP?

It ain't so fun Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Murray and MPJ were both out in 2022, Murray was out in 2021. Prior to that they just weren't that good. They had guys like Will Barton, Gary Harris and the corpse of Millsap as starters.
    We dont care about people being hurt, injuried, or before they peaked. no excuses.....keep the same energy!

Dude is still going to go down as an all time great. a spot or two above dirk and kg if he were to retire today. Below the hakeems of the world of course tho. ya know? right next to Giannis....in the 20's somewhere. dont got to really have an exact number. nobody cares too much about being exact in those numbers. Like a top 10 you have to be exact....have an exact order..... but 20's....meh "hes somewhere in there"

Thats his range as of 5/21/24. He still got a couple years tho ya never know. maybe they will trade murray and mpj go get trae and hunter....who knows. get all the people who didn't "show up" out. Right? since its their fault go get more consistent people. Ya know? get trae maybe lauri markkanen...this team could be stacked next year. (thumbs up emoji). have a nice little tobias harris action off the bench. ya neva know
    Last edited by Mask the Embiid; 05-21-2024 at 06:12 PM.

I really don't care about how Jokic is ranked all time, just like I don't care about the MJ vs LeBron thing. If people want to believe MJ is better or LeBron is better it makes no difference to me.

What I have a problem with is stans trying to tear down a player to build up their hero. That is just pathetic.

I really don't care about how Jokic is ranked all time, just like I don't care about the MJ vs LeBron thing. If people want to believe MJ is better or LeBron is better it makes no difference to me.

What I have a problem with is stans trying to tear down a player to build up their hero. That is just pathetic.
    there's about only 1 person doing that, mask. no one else is trying to tear down jokic to build up someone else. we're just speaking facts. keep it up with the mental gymnastics tho.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    there's about only 1 person doing that, mask. no one else is trying to tear down jokic to build up someone else. we're just speaking facts. keep it up with the mental gymnastics tho.
    Nonsense. There are legit reasons to criticize Jokic. I was saying earlier in the season that he wouldn't win MVP this year because he just wasn't as good as the previous 3 years.

His jumper was off. He did shoot better towards the end.of the season but it wasn't a good 3 pt shooting season, especially in the playoffs.

I don't think his conditioning was as good this year as it was the previous 3 seasons. I think he might have partied a little too much in the off season. I think his defense wasn't as good as a result.

You are just bitter because the Suns keep coming up short and can't handle Jokic getting all the accolades while Booker is seen as a second or third tier player.

Nonsense. There are legit reasons to criticize Jokic. I was saying earlier in the season that he wouldn't win MVP this year because he just wasn't as good as the previous 3 years.

His jumper was off. He did shoot better towards the end.of the season but it wasn't a good 3 pt shooting season, especially in the playoffs.

I don't think his conditioning was as good this year as it was the previous 3 seasons. I think he might have partied a little too much in the off season. I think his defense wasn't as good as a result.

You are just bitter because the Suns keep coming up short and can't handle Jokic getting all the accolades while Booker is seen as a second or third tier player.
    dude i stopped giving a shit about the suns. they destroyed my interest in basketball mid-season. the nugs-wolves series brought that interest back to life. i wouldn't have gone to gm7 if i didn't think it was a great series. but in all honesty, i think jokic does deserve some blame for the loss, he's the leader afterall. he wasn't terrible by any means, but as you said, he had some shortcomings that merit some measure of blame.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Ironic that there is only one.

How many posters try to tear down Embiid to build up Jokic?

A hell of a lot more than just one.

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post

You really think thats what all the Embiid flack is about?

OP has never beaten addiction.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    You really think thats what all the Embiid flack is about?
    I think it's pretty obvious when there is a conversation that contains critical assessment of his game or even actual funny jokes at his expense opposed to when the likes of post, duffy make their contributions.

dude i stopped giving a shit about the suns. they destroyed my interest in basketball mid-season. the nugs-wolves series brought that interest back to life. i wouldn't have gone to gm7 if i didn't think it was a great series. but in all honesty, i think jokic does deserve some blame for the loss, he's the leader afterall. he wasn't terrible by any means, but as you said, he had some shortcomings that merit some measure of blame.

You've been trolling Jokic prior to this year dude, and it really wasn't justified

This year he wasn't the same. Back in Nov -Dec his scoring efficiency was Kuzma level. I remember saying he had no chance to win the MVP. It isn't like I have been staning him and refuse to acknowledge shortcomings.

They didn't look good against the Lakers, falling behind in almost every game. I didn't even pick them to beat the wolves. I said before the series that I felt it was a tossup, and reiterated that before game 7 in the series thread. I am not surprised at all they lost.

But I can't blame the guy who played 47 minutes and dropped 34/19/7. However I can say that last year's version of Jokic probably wins that game even if the other guys don't play any better.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post

Ive defended Embiid and Harden more than most in here, I’ve always said it’s on the league to stop rewarding flopping. Where Embiid lost me was when he tried to hurt Robinson and Hartenstein on several occasions. My immediate reaction was “what a pos” and Fultz wrote a comment on how it may have been heat of the moment. Fair enough, these levels of harsh accusations deserve some level of benefit of the doubt. Embiid then takes zero accountability(obvious character flaw at this point) and starts talking about how he had to hit Hartenstein and how he had to pull Robinson’s leg to prevent himself from getting injured. And what caused him to fly off the rails to pull Robinson like that? Flopped on the 3, no contact and no call, Embiid jumping up and down because he isn’t used to not getting that call; then he flops on OG’s drive, a dude half his size with no business outmuscling him on the block. Nothing egregious, again no call. Embiid throws toddler tantrum and tries to hurt another player. He’s an unlikable pos, end of story.

And no one tears him down to build up Jokic, there’s literally zero sane debate you can have to compare the two. Jokic is getting clowned for having a 29/11/8 series in 61% with 34/19/7 on 46% in an elimination game… Embiid’s whole ass playoff average is 25 on 46%. Jokic would get killed for Embiid’s average performance. Embiid gets made fun of because he passive aggressively throws his teammates and coaches under the bus, constantly flops and whines and tries to hurt people. None of that has anything to do with the fat Serb.