Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Anyone else feel like Brown is Tatum's equal?

Tatum is the better player but Brown has more grit despite not being as technically skilled. They compliment each other better than I thought they would.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Tatum is the better player but Brown has more grit despite not being as technically skilled. They compliment each other better than I thought they would.
    Tatum should be better by a significant margin but he's just not a consistent enough jump shooter. He's clearly the better all-around player but with his horrible shooting in these POs you could argue that Derrick White has been their best player with Brown and Tatum tied for #2. Derrick White leads them in WS, BPM & VORP.

Tatum is barely a 20 PER player in both RS & Playoffs. I remember when the Boston media went all in on that PER stat and used it to trash Kobe's impact despite him winning & putting up 2nd 3-Peat Jordan numbers. Now that Tatum is barely all-star level as far as PER goes they've forgotten that the stat exists lol & still try to argue him as an MVP-level player.

No. But Tatum's game is more jumpshot reliant which means on off nights, Brown can look better.

Troll who tries to provoke you

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    I havent seen much of tatum but his finishing ability around the rim is quiet average for 6'8" superstar.

He seem to rush his shots on board. lay ups and bank shots. misses a lot of them for no reason.

Brown on the other hand finishes around the rim. These little thing matters in close game.

not every game you'll have Holiday stealing the ball and hitting all FTs.

Tatum must finish around the rim. cant depend on 3 pointers.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    If the Celtics win the title I think 99 percent of people would credit this as "Tatum's ring"

I think that's a major major discredit to Brown. He is just as important to me.
    brown is the core of the team,, they always look for him for an important bucket.
    Ttum is a hero player.

Lol absolutely not. Tatum is a top 10ish player. Brown is a top 50ish player. It's like comparing Jalen Brunson to Brandon Ingram.

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan View Post
    I havent seen much of tatum but his finishing ability around the rim is quiet average for 6'8" superstar.

He seem to rush his shots on board. lay ups and bank shots. misses a lot of them for no reason.

Brown on the other hand finishes around the rim. These little thing matters in close game.

not every game you'll have Holiday stealing the ball and hitting all FTs.

Tatum must finish around the rim. cant depend on 3 pointers.
    The misses he's been having are a result of him worshipping kobe too much.