Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Two games in a row, Mavs capitalize on Gobert's cement feet to win game

Luka with the game winning 3 in his face last game.

This game...the lob to Gafford in Rudy's face.

This is your DPOY folks....let that sink in....a defensive player...who's defense is so bad that he gets benched for long periods of the 4th and then put back in only to help Dallas end the game in an exclamation point.

This is a tough time for the trolls but perhaps even a tougher time for the Timberwolves front office who have the 200 million dollar man on the books and a shittier team because of it. The team clearly looked better with Naz "Puerto Rico bound" Reid on the floor late.

Terrance Mann is at home smiling right now....and so am I.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Two games in a row, Mavs capitalize on Gobert's cement feet to win game

I was surprised they put him back in. He was obviously benched for longer than rest or foul trouble would cause and they looked active.

Default Re: Two games in a row, Mavs capitalize on Gobert's cement feet to win game

Had nothing to do with Gobert. Luka and Kyrie got any shot they wanted. Over Towns, over Edward's, over McDaniels, over Reid.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Where the trolls at now?
    Luka did it... now Gafford
    Slam dunk on his head.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    Had nothing to do with Gobert. Luka and Kyrie got any shot they wanted. Over Towns, over Edward's, over McDaniels, over Reid.
    Yea he took away a good number of shots inside in the first half. He got benched more for offense. Didnt get drug into too many bad situations defensively.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Am I the only one who thinks the Gobert hate has gotten out of hand?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Where you been?

Blame coach if anyone, not Rudy. Coach made no adjustments.
    Had success in 3rd with Ant driving to the basket. Need to he playing inside-out with Kat.

No lol. It's the result of season after season of Xiao blaming everyone else and defending Gobert at all costs though so..

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    This is your DPOY folks....let that sink in....a defensive player...who's defense is so bad that he gets benched for long periods of the 4th and then put back in only to help Dallas end the game in an exclamation point.
    He led his team to the #2, #2, #4, & #1 defense the years he won DPOY. He can't guard the perimeter, this is nothing new, he plays in an era where guards exploit big men, other past great defensive big men never really had to deal with that on a consistent basis. Imagine the hate someone like Mark Eaton would get if he played in this era, he would get cooked worse than Gobert and he has 2 DPOY awards. I'm sure Shaq would be roasted as well even though he wasn't primarily known for his defense.

Gobert isn't the GOAT defensive player by any means, but all this hate is too much.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

He led his team to the #2, #2, #4, & #1 defense the years he won DPOY. He can't guard the perimeter, this is nothing new, he plays in an era where guards exploit big men, other past great defensive big men never really had to deal with that on a consistent basis. Imagine the hate someone like Mark Eaton would get if he played in this era, he would get cooked worse than Gobert and he has 2 DPOY awards. I'm sure Shaq would be roasted as well even though he wasn't primarily known for his defense.

Gobert isn't the GOAT defensive player by any means, but all this hate is too much.
    Eaton wouldnt be in the league. Shouldnt have been in the 80s either though

He led his team to the #2, #2, #4, & #1 defense the years he won DPOY. He can't guard the perimeter, this is nothing new, he plays in an era where guards exploit big men, other past great defensive big men never really had to deal with that on a consistent basis. Imagine the hate someone like Mark Eaton would get if he played in this era, he would get cooked worse than Gobert and he has 2 DPOY awards.

I don't care about awards like some of ISH does. Those are all fine for regular season success. It's proven it doesn't translate in the playoffs with Gobert. It's clear to see the Wolves played their best basketball tonight when Rudy was on the bench. Is that all directly Gobert's fault? No...some of it is on the coaches and some of it is being an unskilled slow center. It is what it is. The trolls tell us about Gobert's offensive gravity. If he has that, where is it?

I wouldn't have had Gobert on the floor at the end of the prior game so Luka could dance on him. That for example is on the coaches. Fine.

I don't care about awards like some of ISH does. Those are all fine for regular season success. It's proven it doesn't translate in the playoffs with Gobert. It's clear to see the Wolves played their best basketball tonight when Rudy was on the bench. Is that all directly Gobert's fault? No...some of it is on the coaches and some of it is being an unskilled slow center. It is what it is. The trolls tell us about Gobert's offensive gravity. If he has that, where is it?

I wouldn't have had Gobert on the floor at the end of the prior game so Luka could dance on him. That for example is on the coaches. Fine.
    They are in the WCF and just knocked off a team which many felt would be in the Finals this year.

Their two best players Edwards and KAT are having a dreadful series, but somehow a Gobert thread gets made.

They are in the WCF and just knocked off a team which many felt would be in the Finals this year.

Their two best players Edwards and KAT are having a dreadful series, but somehow a Gobert thread gets made.
    I've been told Gobert is their best player and I think that's why there seems to be some confusion here. I've also been told he's the rightful DPOY. Nobody is mistaking softcock KAT for anything other than what he is and many threads have already been made about Edwards.

I've been told Gobert is their best player and I think that's why there seems to be some confusion here. I've also been told he's the rightful DPOY. Nobody is mistaking softcock KAT for anything other than what he is and many threads have already been made about Edwards.
    Nobody told you that.