Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Wasn't much of a difference between Andrew Toney & MJ in ability to score- Larry

Shut it down ladies and gentlemen, LETS GO HOME!!!!

Aint no GOAT of mine getting compared on equal terms as a player to Andrew Toney.

Lebron would NEVERRRR.

It’s a wrap yall. Lebron WINS.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Wasn't much of a difference between Andrew Toney & MJ in ability to score- Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    I could say the same for Greg Oden.
    you could but did he ever do anything? Toney did

1st thing that came to mind is when players mention a guy we don't think very highly of being the toughest to guard or on one of their lists as the best. In all honesty, who here actually knows who tf Toney is? Probably just a handful who are either old enough or historians that watch old games. I always keep.in mind that especially in the old league, role matters and were pretty rigid. If it wasn't your role to shoot a bunch, you didn't get the touches. So there could be more talent in limited roles than what appears on the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    So, is Toney better than God? Bird said MJ was God.
    Depends, is ISO scoring the only ability in basketball?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    This is why it's hilarious when people say we should take players opinions as gospel
    Now wait until people realize even the coaches and GM's are as dumb as rocks.

Sometimes I think guys like Bron and MJ get less respect than they might from other players, because they got so many buckets that had the defense feeling like there was nothing they could have done to stop it. Some guys get more buckets through craftiness, so they might make the defender feel worse. Like, they could have stopped it had they not been baited into the wrong choice. Just watched a bunch of YouTube of Toney, great footwork and a quick+high release J. Definitely had to have some guys feeling down.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    I could say the same for Greg Oden.
    Seriously? Lmao.

If MJ's career was cut short by injury he probably would have been remembered as a slightly better version of Andrew Toney (due to MJ's defense obviously). There would be no goat debates. This site would have died long ago unless there were still delusional Kareem stans here. Skip Bayless might have a real job. Weird to think about.

Good college starter ELITEpower23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    https://www.basketballnetwork.net/ol...michael-jordan

"To me, there wasn't much of a difference between the two when it came to the sheer ability to score. Michael has always come off more picks (until they moved him to point guard late in the 1988-89 season), whereas Andrew would just throw his guy off and go. Just when the 76ers really needed a basket is exactly when Andrew would get it," - Larry Bird

National High School Star

I think Charles Barkley is on record saying that Toney is the best player he ever played with. Which is big call for a guy who played with Moses and Dr J.

Toney only had like 4 good seasons though, before injury ended his career.