Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 212829303132333441 ... LastLast

Default Re: (4) Clippers vs. (5) Mavericks First Round Playoff Series Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    So... 2011 happening means Lebron and Harden are on the same level?

Am I following the logic correctly?

Very good NBA starter

Luka could get in shape if he jumped on a premium roiding and EPO treatment like Lebron, Dwight and Wade, but it's good that he hasn't done that yet.

Just saying, this isn't rocket science, give him some Clenbuterol for weightloss with some SARMs for those extra 2-3 inches of vertical and get some blood doping for his conditioning, either straight up EPO or centrifugal blood (likely what Lebron uses).

Practically no risk if done with a skilled doctor and with the quiet understanding of the league.

This stuff just works. I bet most high level soccer players are on similar regiments.

Clenbuterol would be perfect for Luka, it gives a weightloss while maintaining muscle. A bit of platelet rich blood injected into his knee and is that even doping?

Luka looked pretty in shape at the FIBAS this past summer.

He actually seemed to really start packing on the pounds this year around the time his daughter was born. And he did mention that like most parents, he was suddenly getting much less sleep.

As someone with a body type identical to Doncic, my guess is that his body puts on weight as a stress response. Some people lose weight quickly under stress, some people gain weight quickly. These are just natural variances in biology. It doesnt mean he's eating more than he was or that he isnt doing conditioning. He could be doing the exact same regiment as this summer, but if he's sleeping less it could naturally trigger retention of more water and fat. I know because this is exactly what happens to me. And Doncic seemed to 'pudge up' right around the time his daughter was born.

I know this rational explanation will go in one ear and out the other of most of you. "Hes fat bc bad conditioning" is the way you've always been programmed to see it, and your brains arent adaptable to new ideas and information, no matter how rational and accurate. So you'll keep beating the drum that he's just been lazy. And that could be the case, or it might not be. I dont know. But I'm sure some of you "know." Because once people have a way to explain something, it tends to be for life. They're not 'adjusting' to any kind of 'fancy new learnin.'

But for that tiny minority of you who are open to considering multiple possibilities... there ya go.

I know this rational explanation will go in one ear and out the other of most of you. "Hes fat bc bad conditioning"
    Some people were practically accusing him of having a drinking problem a couple weeks ago lol

Very good NBA starter

As someone with a body type identical to Doncic, my guess is that his body puts on weight as a stress response. Some people lose weight quickly under stress, some people gain weight quickly. These are just natural variances in biology. It doesnt mean he's eating more than he was or that he isnt doing conditioning. He could be doing the exact same regiment as this summer, but if he's sleeping less it could naturally trigger retention of more water and fat. I know because this is exactly what happens to me. And Doncic seemed to 'pudge up' right around the time his daughter was born.
    The puffy face can be alcohol but also gut problems, like gluten allergy. It can also be opioid use, but doubt that.

My guess is he sits around with his highschool sweetheart and well, they've been together for a long time and maybe not as exciting anymore, so he grabs for some potato chips and his gf has some cake, maybe he gets some too, that's an easy 1000 cals. Then he he hangs out with his bros and like most young euros, they drink beer and watch soccer. If he has some gut problems, those things are the worst he can eat and drink.

Needs to get on that no-carb diet.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    The puffy face can be alcohol but also gut problems, like gluten allergy. It can also be opioid use, but doubt that.

My guess is he sits around with his highschool sweetheart and well, they've been together for a long time and maybe not as exciting anymore, so he grabs for some potato chips and his gf has some cake, maybe he gets some too, that's an easy 1000 cals. Then he he hangs out with his bros and like most young euros, they drink beer and watch soccer. If he has some gut problems, those things are the worst he can eat and drink.

Needs to get on that no-carb diet.

Anything’s possible but he was in good shape this summer and clearly wants a title this year and knows the team has a chance. I find it hard to imagine he’s just willfully neglecting his conditioning at this point of the stretch run. Something else going on makes more sense to me.

My guess is stress leading to involuntary weight retention.

Hopefully the mavs should take over the last two games.

it looked like the clippers would win the title early in the year

they are the best team in the league when at full strength IMO

what a let down by kawhi. fragile MOFO.

sure luka should get some blame if dallas loses because kyrie's been great but kidd should get even more. Getting outcoached by lue and harden and george have done they can to get somewhat close to luka/kyrie's production and impact. George's been streaky but he's also been playing really good defense. Heard on broadcast I think luka is 4/20 when george guards him.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    Heard on broadcast I think luka is 4/20 when george guards him.
    When Terrance Mann “guards” him.

Mann was pushing a hand into his groin, stomach, dick, hands all over his @ss, some Rodman sh!t. Also Luka kept telling the refs (and making specific descriptive gestures) Mann was specifically making subtle fingertip contact (enough to barely alter the trajectory) to his right wrist at release point.

Anything’s possible but he was in good shape this summer and clearly wants a title this year and knows the team has a chance. I find it hard to imagine he’s just willfully neglecting his conditioning at this point of the stretch run. Something else going on makes more sense to me.

My guess is stress leading to involuntary weight retention.
    He likely still weighed 245-250 during FIBA.

He would still be as stable and forceful if he was back down to 235-240, and would have better endurance, and less knee/ankle wear and tear.

WHATEVER the reason is that he’s overweight, we can all obviously see son is overweight. But FFS he doesn’t need to get on the juice, he just turned 25.

Less carbs after 5pm, less glyphosate-saturated carbs and high glycemic carbs in general, decrease alcohol consumption, reduce stress, increase sleep. And just keep doing the same things he’s doing … and his weight/knee issue will certainly improve quick, at 25.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post

Mann was pushing a hand into his groin, stomach, dick, hands all over his @ss, some Rodman sh!t. Also Luka kept telling the refs (and making specific descriptive gestures) Mann was specifically making subtle fingertip contact (enough to barely alter the trajectory) to his right wrist at release point.
    Just wait till they get to the finals. The amount of times i’ve seen dudes with fistfuls of curry’s jersey… At least Luka has the size to deal with it better but i’ve always found it strange how differently they officiate the regular season, playoffs, then the finals so differently.

the Clippers weak side rotation was just better.

^Would have been a nightmare for Curry if he was playing RN, the way these playoffs have been officiated so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post

ah that makes more sense. george's defense still has been good i think but harden's been clips best guy ofc