• Timberwolves in 6-7

14 46.67%
  • Mavericks in 4-5

2 6.67%
  • Mavericks in 6-7

13 43.33%
Page 17 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819202767 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Western Conference Finals: (3) Minnesota Timberwolves vs. (5) Dallas Mavericks

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    Dallas stole game 1, and learned ALOT in the process.
    shot 25% from 3 and won on the road….

huge W

Default Re: Western Conference Finals: (3) Minnesota Timberwolves vs. (5) Dallas Mavericks

I personally would like to see Edwards switch to Luka, since we would get at least ONE really great, high stakes conference finals matchup, of two perennial all-stars 25&under. Ain’t often we get that kind of show.
    Itd be cool to see from a fan standpoint and I understand Edwards play with alot of heart on D, but itd be suicide for Minny. You cant give up 4 inches and 40 pounds on a guy like Luka who’s already skilled enough to dice guys his own size.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    i don’t know if you saw it but i posted plus minus after the 3rd q of game 7. lively was +17 and gafford was -25.

lively played the entire 4th and mavs came back from a 7 point deficit and won
    Yeah, I think the biggest thing is Gafford really cannot handle the basketball even for a moment. He’s great with lobs and rebounds and blocking shots, but hes super uncomfortable with the ball in his hands. Lively is actually similar, but slightly less clumsy with the basketball and that reduces the frequency of gaffes they have.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Itd be cool to see from a fan standpoint and I understand Edwards play with alot of heart on D, but itd be suicide for Minny. You cant give up 4 inches and 40 pounds on a guy like Luka who’s already skilled enough to dice guys his own size.
    I know Luka would badly dominate that matchup when Ant is trying to guard him, but Luka would need a lot of help on the other end too.

Regardless, could Minnesnowta afford that scenario any more than they can afford Kyrie cooking ant and leaving Ant gassed in the 4th ?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Yeah, I think the biggest thing is Gafford really cannot handle the basketball even for a moment. He’s great with lobs and rebounds and blocking shots, but hes super uncomfortable with the ball in his hands. Lively is actually similar, but slightly less clumsy with the basketball and that reduces the frequency of gaffes they have.
    That and Lively has way better foot speed to hedge and switch minnys PnR spam on the perimeter.

I know Luka would badly dominate that matchup when Ant is trying to guard him, but Luka would need a lot of help on the other end too.

Regardless, could Minnesnowta afford that scenario any more than they can afford Kyrie cooking ant and leaving Ant gassed in the 4th ?
    Oh well Luka’s definitely not gonna even try to consistently pick up Edwards on the other end, so we dont even need to worry bout that part of it

I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off with this Dallas team but they just keep winning. They might just win it all, especially if The Fat Guy is back to his regular season ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off with this Dallas team but they just keep winning. They might just win it all, especially if The Fat Guy is back to his regular season ways.
    The Bowling Ball™ can be very aggravating to watch but it's hard to argue with the results. Aside from last year his team keeps doing more than what you'd expect from them on paper.

That said, game 1 is the least biggest deal of any in the series. It's a nice win for the Mavs but it doesnt mean Minny is done.

Proctor get in here and look at this!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Current Kyrie is the best player on the planet under 6'6

Was too late already to have tuned here earlier because of errands.

Anyway, this seemed like a scheduled loss for minny. Or am i wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Current Kyrie is the best player on the planet under 6'6

Bronny’s next

Does Minnesota have a matchup for Luka? Seems too strong/big for most of the Wolves perimeter guys.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Was too late already to have tuned here earlier because of errands.

Anyway, this seemed like a scheduled loss for minny. Or am i wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Does Minnesota have a matchup for Luka? Seems too strong/big for most of the Wolves perimeter guys.
    Theyve got the DPOY. Why doesnt he pick him up?