Bucks to play NBA game vs Hornets in Paris, France today
January 24, 2020
7:35 a.m. ET
Milwaukee Bucks (39-6) at Charlotte Hornets (15-30), Friday, Jan. 24 – 9:00 p.m. (CET), at AccorHotels Arena in Paris, France
• The Bucks bring their seven-game winning streak to Paris as they take on the Hornets tonight in the 2020 NBA Paris Game. This is the second time Milwaukee is playing a regular season game outside of North America with the other time coming during the 2014-15 season when the Bucks defeated the Knicks in London on 1/15/15, 95-79.
• Milwaukee extended its winning streak to seven games, and improved its NBA-best record to 39-6, with a 111-98 win over the Bulls on Monday. The Bucks are just the eighth team in NBA history to win 39 of their first 45 games to begin a season.
• After Monday’s 13-point victory, 24 of the Bucks’ 39 wins this season have now been by 10+ points. Milwaukee is outscoring its opponents by an average of 12.7 points per game this season, which is currently the highest mark in NBA history.
• In Monday’s win over the Bulls, Giannis Antetokounmpo led the way with 28 points and 10 rebounds. In scoring 28 points, Antetokounmpo reached the 10,000-point mark for his career, becoming just the seventh player in franchise history to reach 10,000 points. Antetokounmpo is now up to seventh on the Bucks’ all-time scoring list (10,004) after beginning the 2019-20 season in 12th place.
• For the sixth time in his last seven games, Khris Middleton scored 20+ points as went 10-for-13 from the field and scored 24 points on Monday. During the Bucks’ current seven-game winning streak, Middleton is averaging 23.1 points per game while shooting 62% from the field and 60% from three.
• Kyle Korver added 12 points (5-5 FG, 2-2 3FG) in Monday’s win over the Bulls, giving him 10+ points in back-to-back games for the first time this season. In nine games this month, Korver is shooting 55.6% from three (compared to 40.7% prior to January).
Hornets F Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, F P.J. Washington and Bucks G Eric Bledsoe all attended the University of Kentucky…Bledsoe, Bucks F Dragan Bender and Hornets Assistant Coach Jay Triano all worked together in Phoenix. The Hornets and Bucks have three sets of brothers on their rosters: Bucks C Robin and Brook Lopez (twins), F Giannis and Thanasis Antetokounmpo and Hornets F Cody and Caleb Martin (twins)…Hornets G/F Nic Batum and Bucks G Wes Matthews were teammates in Portland from 2010-15. Triano also worked with both players in Portland from 2012-15 …Bucks G Frank Mason and Hornets G Devonte’ Graham were college teammates at Kansas from 2014-17
THE PREVIOUS BUCKS VS HORNETS GAME
November 30, 2019 at Fiserv Forum – The Milwaukee Bucks get nine double-digit scoring nights in a 137-96 win at home over the visiting Charlotte Hornets. Giannis Antetokounmpo led the Bucks with 26 points and added nine rebounds and four assists. Khris Middleton scored 15 points off the bench Wes Matthews scored 14 points in the win. Devonte’ Graham led the Hornets with 24 points and Terry Rozier added 19 points and six rebounds in the loss.