Basketball Writers: Write for Inside Hoops
InsideHoops.com is the Internet's most popular pro basketball website. Professional writers, freelancers and aspiring sports journalists, as well as educated fans are invited to contribute articles and columns to us.
Intelligent fans often have great insight about their favorite players, teams and the league in general. Freelance writers and aspiring sports journalists should absolutely use InsideHoops.com as a place to show off their knowledge and writing ability, advertise themselves and spread their name around the world. Professional writers are often locked into a beat that restricts their freedom. On InsideHoops.com, widely recognized as the world's best basketball website, they as well as everyone else are free to speak and be heard in your own voice, rather than the voice your job/editor forces on you.
All writes are given a byline space to promote themselves, their current work, future aspirations and anything else they're involved with or want to say about themselves.
InsideHoops.com is world famous. We have been featured in major magazines (Sports Illustrated called us "a haven for pro basketball junkies," Forbes named us "Best of the Web," Newsweek magazine highly recommended us, New York Times Sunday magazine quoted us, Yahoo Internet Life raved about one of our key features, etc.), gets quoted as a source regularly in newspapers (past papers include Chicago Sun-Times, New York Post, New York Newsday, Indianapolis Star, Memphis Commercial-Appeal, Minneapolis Star Tribune, Rocky Mountain News, Kansas City Star, the Associated Press, etc.) and is constantly mentioned on radio shows (we've been interviewed on WFAN, ESPN radio, ABC radio, BBC radio, etc.) Our editor is a legend in this business.
Fans, players, agents, employees of leagues and teams, radio hosts, and countless others all read InsideHoops.com daily. We've built up something great here, and you, with no strings attached, can contribute.
There are plenty of basketball websites. There's only one INSIDE HOOPS. Get involved, today.
Contributing to Inside Hoops is Easy
1. Write an article. It can be a standard article, a "notes" style feature, a rankings feature, a list, or anything. As long as it's intelligent, readable and worth sharing, it's welcome.
2. Take a minute to check your spelling. And take three more minutes to make the writing tight.
3. Paste your article directly into an email. We don't open attachments. Don't worry about the formatting. As long as the paragraph breaks are clear, it's fine.
Send to: email@example.com (remove the "99")
4. The day you email an article, a Contribution Agreement will be sent to you. It takes under a minute to read, answer and send it back.
When you receive the Contribution Agreement, hit "Reply" to it and type your answers right the email, and send. Email back the agreement with your responses, not just the responses. If necessary, copy the text of the agreement, paste it into a reply email, and type in your responses.
We can't post everything we receive. But if we miss something good, email us a reminder.
Original content only. If you've already sent your work to wewannabeinsidehoops.net or something, that's your mistake. We don't want it.
If you need to retain copywrite on something and just want to give us something to reprint, explain that and we'll probably be fine with it.
Basketball Topics to Write About
NBA, college basketball, high school basketball, WNBA, NBDL, USBL, international basketball, streetball. Anything, really.
- Your Favorite Team: Analyze the squad you know best.
- Your Favorite Player: Talk about the player, why he's terrific, what's wrong with him, etc.
- Recent News: Discuss the latest. State the news and analyze it.
- History: Feature retired greats, past seasons and games, etc.
- Rankings and Lists: Rate the top ten dunkers. The most overated players. Top moments of history. Best passers. Anything. Be sure to explain each pick so it's worth reading.
THE WORLD READS INSIDE HOOPS. GET INVOLVED, NOW.