Rockets player notes, for game vs Hornets
Rockets player notes on the guys who usually start plust the sixth man, for tonight's upcoming game against the Hornets:
Chris Paul: Has scored 20+ points in three of the past four games (21.3 ppg) after doing so once his first seven games played (11.1 ppg)… joins
Westbrook as the only players averaging at least 14.0 ppg, 9.0 apg, 5.0 rpg and 2.00 spg this season… Rockets: 11-0 when he plays.
James Harden: Had 26 points, a career-high tying 17 assists and 6 steals vs. New Orleans on 12/11… dating back to 1983-84, joined Michael Jordan
and John Stockton as the only players to have posted those numbers in a single game… past 17 games: 34.9 ppg on 48.1% shooting.
Trevor Ariza: Shooting 92.6% from the line this season after shooting 71.7% for his career prior… over the past 17 games (Rockets 16-1), shooting
49.7% from the floor and 44.6% from 3-point range… ranks fourth in the NBA in steal-to-turnover ratio (1.73)… 2.60 spg past 5 games.
Ryan Anderson: Over the past four games, averaging 8.3 points after averaging 17.2 ppg his previous five games played… still shooting 53.9% (51.9%
3FGs) from the floor over his past nine games played after shooting 42.3% (36.1% 3FGs) the first 15 games… has scored 20+ 5 times.
Clint Capela: Had a career-high 28 points (13-14 FGs) and a career-high tying 5 blocks in 24 minutes of play vs. New Orleans on 12/11… back to
1983-84, joined Arvydas Sabonis as the only players to have recorded at least 28 points and 5 blocks in 24 or fewer minutes played.
Eric Gordon: Over the past four games, averaging 17.8 points on 45.8% shooting after averaging 11.2 ppg on 31.4% shooting his previous 6 GP…
dating back to 2016-17, has the 2nd-most 20-point games (19) of any reserve… Houston: 28-4 when he scores 20+ past two seasons.
And various other Rockets team notes:
Tonight is the second of seven straight home games over a span of 12 days for the Rockets… following this stretch, Houston will play eight of 11
games on the road from Christmas through 1/15.
• The Rockets are 21-4 this season… that is tied for the second-best start to a season in franchise history (22-3 in 1993-94 and 21-4 in 1996-97)…
Houston is the sixth team to post at least 21 wins within the first 25 games of a season dating back to 2014-15.
• Houston has won 16 of its past 17 games, including 10 streak… that is tied for the Rockets longest winning streak since a franchise-best 22-game
span from 1/29-3/16/08 (won first 10 games in December last season)… Houston has lost consecutive games once this season after doing so four
times in 2016-17, including a season-high three in a row from 3/28-3/31/17… the Rockets were 22-5 in the first game following a loss in 2016-17.
• Since losing consecutive home games on 10/23 and 10/30, the Rockets are 8-1 at Toyota Center (9-3 at home overall)… Houston was 30-11 at home
last season and did not lose consecutive games… the Rockets have won 30+ home games in three of the past four seasons after doing so three
times the 19 seasons prior from 1994-95 through 2012-13.
• Houston has won eight straight road games and is 12-1 on the road overall this season, tying for its best road start in franchise history (1993-94)… the
eight-game road winning streak is tied for the third-best in franchise history and the longest since a franchise-best 12-game span from 1/4-3/12/08…
Houston was 25-16 on the road in 2016-17 after going 18-23 in 2015-16… the 25 road wins tied for the third-most in franchise history.
• The Rockets are 2-1 in the second game of back-to-backs this season after going 13-3 in 2016-17… Houston has 11 sets of back-to-backs remaining
this season with the next coming vs. San Antonio on 12/15 and vs. Milwaukee on 12/16.
• Houston is 4-0 in games in games decided by five or fewer points this season after going 15-6 in 2016-17… the Rockets have two wins by a single
point this season after recording three such wins in 2016-17.
• The Rockets are 17-1 when leading after three quarters of play this season and 4-3 when tied or trailing… Houston led at the start of the fourth
quarter in 58 of the 82 games last season (49-8 mark; 5-19 when tied/trailing).
• Houston has led by double-digits in 19 of the 25 games this season (17-2 mark) and trailed by 10+ points eight times (5-3 mark)… the Rockets led by
double-digits in 61 of the 82 games last season (51-10 mark)… Houston was 10-21 in games in which they trailed by 10+ in 2016-17.
• The Rockets have won by double-digits 15 times this season, including by 20+ eight times… Houston won 30 games by 10+ points last season, which
was one shy of tying the franchise record… the Rockets had 14 wins by 20+ points in 2016-17 (tied for the highest single season total in franchise
• Houston has lost by double-digits twice this season after doing so 11 times in 2016-17… the Rockets never led vs. Philly on 10/30… Houston did not
hold a lead in two games last season… the Rockets has not trailed in two games this season after not doing so in six games in 2016-17.
• The Rockets have had at least two players score 20+ points in 22 of the 25 games this season (18-4 mark), including three players eight times (8-0
mark)… last season, Houston was 31-5 when having at least two players score 20+ points, including 10-0 with three or more players.
• Houston had six players score in double-figures six times this season, including 7+ once… the Rockets had at least six players score in double-figures
33 times last season (7+ nine times)… all five starters scored in double-figures four times this season (14 times in 2016-17).