NBA notes and milestones, Jan. 11, 2016
· Warriors guard Stephen Curry has already set an NBA single-season record for most games with at least eight three-pointers (seven). The previous high was six games by George McCloud in the 1995-96 season, according to Elias Sports Bureau.
· Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard had his third career game with at least eight three-pointers in Sunday’s comeback victory over the Thunder. All other Portland players have totaled four such games in team history.
· Hawks center Al Horford is averaging 21.4 points (on 63.8 percent shooting), 9.2 rebounds, 4.2 assists and 2.2 blocks in his last five games, a stretch that has included two of his seven career 30-point performances. Horford’s 30-point outing against Houston on Dec. 29 marked his first game with that many points since December 2013 and the first by a Hawks player since Paul Millsap scored 30 against Utah on Nov. 12, 2014.
· Last week, Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki passed Shaquille O’Neal (8,890) for eighth place on the NBA’s all-time list for defensive rebounds. On Dec. 23, Nowitzki moved ahead of O’Neal for sixth place on the career scoring list.
· The Raptors (24-15) are an East-best 13-9 on the road, setting a franchise high for road wins before the halfway point of the season. The 2001-02 team recorded 12 road victories through the first 41 games.
· Grizzlies forward Zach Randolph is averaging 17.6 points (on 52.6 percent shooting) and 8.3 rebounds in 28.4 minutes in his last 10 games. Randolph is eight rebounds from passing Larry Bird (8,974) for 50th place all time.
· Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett needs 12 made field goals to supplant John Havlicek (10,513) for 10th place all time. Garnett is second among active players behind Lakers guard Kobe Bryant, who ranks fifth with 11,509 field goals.
· Kings center DeMarcus Cousins is averaging 32.4 points (on 51.4 percent shooting), 13.0 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 2.4 blocks in five games this month.
· The Pistons will retire Ben Wallace’s jersey at halftime of Saturday’s home game against the Warriors.
· Pacers guard Monta Ellis had a season-high 13 assists in Sunday's overtime loss to Houston. He is averaging 9.3 assists in his last four games.
· In back-to-back wins over the weekend, Jazz forward Gordon Hayward scored 34 points on 14-of-22 shooting against the Heat on Saturday and 25 points on 10-of-21 shooting against the Lakers on Sunday.
· Mavericks center Zaza Pachulia recorded his 19th point-rebound double-double of the season in Sunday’s victory over Minnesota. The only players with more are Detroit’s Andre Drummond (31), the Clippers’ DeAndre Jordan (23) and New Orleans’ Anthony Davis (22).